Thursday 23 April 2015

I’ll be Jonathan’s “last man” standing, Fayose vows

Embattled Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has vowed to lead a robust and engaging opposition against the All Progressives Congress in Nigeria, especially in the South-West.

In a statement he personally issued on Wednesday in Ado Ekiti, Mr. Fayose alleged that he had become a “prime demolition target” of the APC national leadership because of his “overt and unalloyed support for President Goodluck Jonathan during the campaigns”.

He, however, promised to remain loyal to the outgoing president and be his last man standing even if all Nigerians abandoned him.

He stated, “I wish to declare unequivocally that I remain loyal to President Jonathan even after May 29 as my support for his re-election and administration was not about bread-and-b*tter.

“I was convinced he was moving Nigeria in the right direction, despite all the noise. I have no regrets supporting him. If same situation presents itself again, I would do it all over.

“Let me state it clearly that if President Jonathan is deserted by all Nigerians today, I, Ayodele Fayose, will remain with him. I have chosen to be his last-man standing”.

The governor added, “It is ironic that those who said worse things about the President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) when they were in opposing parties, are the ones milling around him today, using him as an electoral talisman and demonising us for saying things of lesser magnitude during a campaign that was mainly characterised by hate-messages from both divides.

“I also want to put it on record that if all PDP members decamp to APC today, I will remain the last-man standing for the party, even as I have no cause to denigrate the office of the president.

“I also promise APC a robust and engaging opposition both in the South-West and nationally, with me playing a prominent role”.

No comments:

N910BN MDAs SHORT-TERM LOANS: CACOL CALLS FOR URGENT RECOVERY

The Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership, CACOL, has called on the Accountant-General of the federation to urgently recover short-...